I am frequently asked why go to a prosthodontist instead of a general dentist. That’s a reasonable question, and here’s the simple answer: although general dentists may be able to handle many procedures, they may not be capable of meeting all your dental needs–now or in the future.
As a prosthodontist, I have gone through extensive training and spent many more years restoring teeth and correcting smiles. I specialize in making smiles look beautiful and function the way they should.
More about prosthodontic services
Treatments are designed to produce a balance between functionality, longevity and esthetics. Prosthodontists work to improve our patients’ appearances by fixing and/or replacing cracked, missing, broken, discolored or misshapen teeth and associated structures.
Some of the procedures offered can dramatically improve smiles:
- Dental crowns for broken and damaged teeth
- Veneers and Lumineers® to conceal defects
- Dental bonding to restore smiles through the application of a special resin
- Dental implants for natural looking tooth replacement
- Dentures for repairing or enhancing smiles and teeth
- Invisalign to straighten teeth
Additional services we offer include general dental maintenance:
- Exams and cleaning to check and maintain overall oral health and hygiene
- Dental fillings to restore and protect teeth
- Bleaching discolored teeth to brighten and whiten your smile
A Prosthodontist is the right choice
So back to the initial question of why go to a prosthodontist? Because with today’s very hectic pace, you want one professional who can handle your general oral health needs, as well as the more complex ones. Come to us for your cleanings, general checkups, tooth whitening, and even a filling. You know you can always trust us with your more complex needs—veneers, implants, crowns, and more—because I’ve had the years of extra training to become a board certified prosthodontist and have spent even more years in practice doing all these procedures.
Learn more about our practice
What do you need now? I encourage patients to call my office at 786-542-1071, or visit our website, BarskyDDS.com to request more information or schedule an appointment.
Dr. Todd Barsky | 7600 S. Red Road, Suite 116 |Miami, FL 33143 | 786-542-1071