Invisalign® and veneers can straighten your teeth and provide fantastic results. Veneers are placed on a per tooth basis, whereas Invisalign involves a series of trays based on your specific situation.
How Invisalign and Veneers work
These days, you have the benefit of options for correcting crooked teeth. The hard part is deciding which one is the best one to give you the desired results:
- Invisalign® slowly straightens teeth with a series of removable, transparent aligners. Every two weeks, you change aligners. Each aligner moves your teeth a little bit more until your teeth reach their desired location. Because the aligners are removable, there are no food restrictions, yet they work in a relatively short time period. When compared with traditional metal braces, Invisalign aligners are more comfortable and make cleaning your teeth easy. Another advantage of Invisalign is that it preserves your natural tooth material.
- Veneers work differently than orthodontics. With veneers, you don’t actually move your teeth; instead we reshape them. Some tooth material is removed and replaced with advanced ceramic material; in place of your gapped, crowded, or crooked teeth, thin, shell-like pieces of porcelain are bonded to your teeth to make them appear straighter. In addition to creating a brighter smile, veneers can also correct chipped and discolored teeth; however, they do not fix underlying periodontal problems.
A few things to consider
There are three things I can change about the esthetics of someone’s teeth—color, shape, alignment. Veneers are great treatment option. I even have veneers on my top six teeth but, keep in mind that having veneers is an irreversible procedure.
One size does not fit all, meaning there is no one answer for every patient. I always want to choose the least invasive procedure for my patient. Consider the following:
- Correct alignment? Invisalign may be the best option.
- Color correct? Whitening works great.
- Fix the shape? Consider tooth bonding.
- Want to correct all three? Veneers may be your solution.
Which is right for you?
Are you considering Invisalign vs. veneers to improve the look of your smile? I encourage patients to call my office at 786-542-1071, or visit our website, BarskyDDS.com to request more information or schedule an appointment.
Dr. Todd Barsky | 7600 S. Red Road, Suite 116 |Miami, FL 33143 | 786-542-1071